How to Extract a Streets Centerline Map.
For different tech support reasons, we periodically will need to recreate your maps here at Pd’ Programming.
These steps will walk you through creating a streets centerline file which will create your map for us.
- Open ArcView and the view you need us to look at for you.
- Make sure your streets base map theme is selected.
- Select View / Full Extent
- Select Theme / Clear Selected Features
- Select Theme / Convert to Shapefile
- Save this file (i.e. “c:tempcity” )
- When it asks “Add shapefile as theme to the view?” Select “no”.
- Email us all the files generated with the same prefix when you saved the shapefile (ie: city.shp, city.shx, city.dbf; and any others like city.sbn, city.sbx, etc.)