Enable speaker selection in Firefox
Unlike Chrome and Edge, Firefox does not easily allow speaker selection. This can be a problem when using Firefox for video conferencing and you would like to use speakers other than the default.
When using Google Meet with Firefox, you can change your microphone, but not your speakers. (audio output) The only available selection is “Default audio output device”. So, option 1 is to change your default audio device using Windows. We find this inconvenient.
As of February 2023 there is a Firefox setting to enable audio output selection.
- Open Firefox
- Enter about:config in the address bar
- In the search bar at the top, enter media.setsinkid.enabled
- Change the value of this setting to true
- Close all Firefox browser windows and then re-open.
- You will now be able to select from the list of available output devices.
From what we can see, this list still will not include Bluetooth devices.
0 out Of 5 Stars