Operating system, hardware, software and networking requirements of the program.
The Intersection Magic software program is currently installed on hundreds of PCÕs in city, county and state DOT offices across the country. From 1987 through 1993 Intersection Magic was a DOS based graphics application supporting network operations. Since 1994, Intersection Magic has been an MS Windows based program. The DOS version of the program was discontinued in 1996, however the program remains backwards compatible with respect to data files and user configurations and reports.
Intersection Magic has been successfully run in Windows emulators on MACs, and under the OS/2 Warp operating system. These configurations however, are not officially supported by PdÕ Programming.
Operating Systems Intersection Magic has been tested on all MS Windows operating systems. This includes:
- MS Windows 3.11 (and Windows for Workgroups)
- MS Windows Ô95 & Ô98
- MS Windows NT 3.51, 4.0, 2000, XP, Vista, 2003 server
Note: Intersection Magic is not compatible with and is not supported on 64-bit platforms.For details on any issues related to running IMW on specific operating systems, please see: Which versions of Windows does IMW support
- Intel-based PC with an Pentium II or higher processor
- 8 Megabytes available RAM required, 16 Megabytes recommended.
- 20 Megabytes of application hard disk space.
- Program database occupies about 1M per 5,000 crash records.
- Any video supported by the operating system. (800×600 recommended)
- Any printer or plotter supported by the operating system. (color recommended)
Network vs Stand-alone PC operation The following types of installations are supported by PdÕ Programming and documented in the Manual. The install program has been designed to make these types of installations straightforward to accomplish.
- Program, database and configuration on client
- Program and configuration on client, database on server
- Program and database on server, configuration on client
The program will function properly under any NetBios based networking system. This includes Novell, Windows Ô95 & NT, as well as most other PC-based networking platforms. Read/Write access to the database files directory must be provided to all users of the system. Individual user-level security can be maintained by Intersection Magic if desired. A network install where the program is installed on the server requires read/write access to the server directory where the program will be installed. Client installs run from the server and only require read access of the server directory. Intersection Magic does not support UNC file names. This means that any directories used by the program must have a drive letter associated with them.
Map Magic The Map Magic add-on extention for ArcView has the same system requirements as the ArcView software and requires ArcView v3.0a – v3.3 to function correctly.