How to install a configuration posted from our web site.
New configurations can be posted on our web site for users to access immediately. This article was created to show users how to install a configuration to their local computers.
Pd’ Programming will sometimes post configurations to our web site when users do not wish to wait for an install cd. Simply placing the new file into the Intersection Magic directory will not install the configuration. Users should follow the install process to ensure the configuration is setup and placed correctly with in Intersection Magic.
This process is intended for users that already have Intersection Magic installed to their local drive. These instructions are not intended for installing the application on a network drive.
If you have not already done so download and install imw_6734.exe. This file can be downloaded from the same web page as the configuration, described in the following instructions.
Here is a brief overview of the steps to installing a new configuration: Download the configuration file from our web site, unzip the file, and place the data folder in the root directory of the C: drive. Then run the csetup.exe program.
Downloading the new configuration file:
- If you are viewing this page you should already be at the Pd Magic web site (www.pdmagic.com).
- Click the Login link on the lower left corner of the page.
- Enter your login Id(email address) and password. Then click the login button.
- Click the Downloads link on the right side of the page.
- Click on the Data.zip link that shows your configuration in the description.
- When asked select Save to save the configuration file.
- Select a location to save the file and click Save.
- Click the Open folder button when done.
Unzip the new configuration file
- The folder that contains the Data.zip file of the new configuration should now be open.
- Right click on the Data.zip file.
- Select Uncompress or if you have win zip installed click Win zipExtract to here.
- This will give you a Data folder that contains your configuration.
Place the data folder in correct location for the configuration installer to find.
- Copy the data folder with all of the files inside.
- Paste the folder in the root of your C drive(C:Data).
Run the configuration installer for Intersection Magic
- Click on the Start button in windows, and select Run.
- Click the Browse button
- Locate the csetup.exe program from the installed location of Intersection Magic(The default location is C:Magiccsetup.exe)
Follow the steps on the IMW configuration installer
- When the IMW Configuration Installer window opens click Next.
- If Intersection Magic was not installed to the default location you will need to click the Browse button and locate the directory(The default location is C:Magic is where 95% of users choose to install the program).
- Click the Next button.
- Select the configuration listed in your C:Data directory, and click the Next button.
- Enter a Shortcut name this is the name of the Intersection Magic icon that will be placed on your desktop. You will want this to be different from other Intersection Magic icons that are currently on your desktop.
- Click the next button(If you receive the “Configuration directory name error: You must specify a folder that does not yet exist. The setup program will create that folder and place the appropriate files in it for you”, then the configuration has already been installed and you should contact Pd Support for assistance)
- Click the Next button to accept the install.
- Click the Finished button.
You now have a new icon on your desktop that will open your new Intersection Magic configuration. Do not try to open any Intersection Magic databases that were created with different configurations. This can cause corruption in the database. You should create a new database(UtilitiesDatabaseCreate) or select a databases that you know was created with your new configuration(UtilitiesDatabaseSelect).