Cleaning up time fields in Intersection Magic
This article shows how to locate invalid time information in Intersection Magic
Intersection Magic stores time information in a numeric field. The time field will not accept a number greater than 2400, but data can be entered that does not have a valid minute. For example entering a minute value between 60 and 99 would be an invalid time. Entering 1171 would be an invalid time of 11:71.
The following process will allow clients to filter on collision records in the database that have an invalid time.
Select the range of collisions to correct
- Open Intersection Magic with the database that you would like to correct
- Click the New diagram button
- Click the All data radio button
- Enter the date range of collisions that you would like to correct(Select First date in database and Last date in database to locate all of the collision records with a bad time)
Create a filter to select only the bad time records
- With the Create All DATA diagram window still open, click the filter edit button
- Click the Edit 1 button to open an edit window
- Paste the following filter condition into the filter editor window:
(Time-@NUMBER(@COPY(@STRING(Time/100, 2),0,@POS(“.”,@STRING(Time/100, 2))-1))*100) > 59
- Click the OK button(The filter can be saved at this time for future use)
- Click the OK button to return to the Create ALL DATA diagram window
Generate a summary diagram and report of Case Ids
- With the Create All DATA diagram window still open and the filter set, click the OK button to create diagram
- Once the diagram has been rendered click on the Acc List button located in the tool bar to the left
- Click on the Report file format bar
- Select the BASEFLDS.RPT report format
- Click the OK button to display a list of the collisions with bad time information
The Case Id values can be used to open each collision record in IMW Edit to correct the bad time information.