Automated process to change incorrectly spelled street names.
When free form data entry is used to enter the street names for the crash location, misspelled names can be entered. This process automates correcting these incorrectly spelled street names. There are two times this process can be implemented, at import or from the Streets Manager Utility. At least one import must be completed prior to starting the automated process. This is to get a list of streets from the database.
The manual has a detailed explanation of this process. Please refer to page 173.
There are also detailed articles in the Help Menu for Intersection Magic.
- Within Intersection Magic, go to Help/Intersection Magic Contents.
- Select the “Help Topics” button at the top left of the screen.
- Make sure the “Find” tab is selected at the top.
- Type in “using change streets”.
- In the bottom of the Find box you will see an entry for “Using Change Streets”. Double click this article.
- Read this explanation, and then select the link at the bottom for “A sample changes file:” This will show you how to make the changes in the street text file.
0 out Of 5 Stars